Associazione Etica is a non-profit organization founded in June 1998.
It all started from a group of friends who wanted to practice real solidarity.
The intervention lines are fixed and must be compatible with the Association’s Statute.
ETICA is currently composed of 7 permanent members and around 200 supporters.
The members pay an annual membership fee, and help, according to the Association regulations, to raise funds for the projects.
Each year through its shareholders’ meeting, the members evaluate the work and the financial report of the previous year and decide on the initiatives to be taken in the current year.
Since our foundation, our commitment is to never exceed 25% of the tal expenses in administrative expenses and never to fall below 75% for the social expenses of the projects.
Our financial report is verified by Studio Togni, a Bergamo accounting firm .
- From 1998 to 2006, we supported the IBCM care center for 160 children, children of AIDS patients with the HIV / AIDS virus in Salvador de Bahia. We covered their medical and educational expenses. Their parents were oriented towards disease and treatment. Their hospitalizations was also granyed by us.
- From 2005 to 2015, we financed and coordinated a recovery project for 500 children suffering from severe malnutrition in collaboration with IPREDE (Institute for Prevention of Malnutrition) specialized centre in Fortaleza. We paid the full the salaries of two professionals (nutritionist and nurse) and paid all the expenses related to specific foods intended for the full recovery of the children under treatment.
- From 2005 to 2018 we financed and coordinated a food and psycho-pedagogical assistance project for 250 children with cancer and leukemia admitted to the PETER PAN / HIAS Pediatric Cancer Center in Fortaleza, a reference for assistance to minor cancer patients. We paid the monthly supply of food aimed at recovering from the effects of the therapies on children and the support the salary of a psycho-pedagogist who has assisted dozens of minors who, under the psychological profile, suffered most from the disease. Finally, we donated a Shelter (Lar Cristina Rizzi) for minors in cancer treatment and their relatives.
- From 1999 to 2020 we funded a speech therapy project for 510 children with speech disorders at the Centro Educacional da Juventude Father Joao Piamarta, in the metropolitan region of Fortaleza. We supported the salary of a speech therapist who assisted and treated hundreds of girls and boys with expressive phonetic disorders. The children, assisted by the Ong Operazione Lieta from Brescia, were thus able to return to the classroom and complete their educational course.
ETICA has also supported, over the years, the initiatives of other friendly associations in
- MEXICO (Donation for hospital supplies)
- NICARAGUA (Donation for civil construction)
- MOZAMBIQUE (Supply of professional training material)
- BELARUS (Donation to support orphans)
- CUBA (Donation to Pediatric Hospital)
- GHANA (Supply of medical equipment and furniture)
WE HAVE TWO CURRENT PROJECTS IN BRAZIL AND ONE IN ITALY